Friday, July 21, 2017

Camper Remodel: Part 1

What's this? A post that isn't Halloween costumes? Miracle.
Since we got married 12 years ago, Ryan has dreamed of owning an RV or camper trailer. And I have adamantly refused to entertain the idea. I figured that for as much as we would use it, we could rent one for cheaper. And then it wouldn't be sitting hideously on our driveway the rest of the year, wasting our money.

But if Ryan is anything, he is persistent. He is also clever. And he know's me too well. He knows that I dream of remodeling an old home and making it fresh and stylish. I have always loved make-overs and remodels. I love HGTV. I love taking something plain, or old, or outdated, or ugly, and turning it into something beautiful. I love the idea of saving something that others saw little value in, finding the core beauty, seeing the potential that other's don't see. And that's how he got me.

He told me about a friend of his that bought a camper trailer, added solar panels and flipped the axels, then sold it a year later for a profit. He suggested that an old ugly camper would be much less overwhelming for a remodel than a whole entire house. So I could get my remodeling fix (he has construction skills for anything more intensive), and we could even make money off  it instead of wasting money. And he could get his dream of owning a camper without having a bitter wife.

So there it was. Once he got the go-ahead he jumped right into action before I could change my mind. He found a good deal on a used one and now it is ours.

Blah blah blah, now for the pictures, which is all anyone really cares about, am I right? The BEFORE'S:

The "Master Bedroom":

The fold-out sofa-bed:

 The kitchen:

Oak, brass, valences, border wallpaper... what a dream:

The bathroom:

The shower:

Kitchen again. Appliances all work, yay!


The dining table, which converts to a bed:

The thing about RV's and Campers is that they are a goldmine of remodeling potential. For some reason even the newer ones look like they came straight outta 1984. So throw on some new fabric and new paint, and it's like the only available option for sale that is actually decent looking. I'm excited about this! Pin It

2 comments:

Lori said...

excited to see what you do.

Love Kpop said...

I know there will be many difficulties and challenges but I am determined to do it. If it does not succeed then it will be a lesson for me as well
catmario4.com